The number of students that enroll in colleges had been on the rise, and this has prompted most universities around the country to offer student housing either inside the campus and/or near to it.
Living in a student housing comes with several benefits, especially for students attending their first year at a college. Aside from that, there are social as well as academic benefits for students living in this situation.
– Students that reside in student housing right inside the campus have higher graduation probabilities compared to their fellow students residing off campus otherwise at home. There could be quite a few factors that are probably causing this trend; one key factor is because alcohol is a no-no in on campus student housing. Because alcohol is not allowed, it becomes an inconvenience to party compared to living with friends outside the campus.
– A student who lives in a student housing on campus tend to participate more in clubs and committees or other campus activities. When you participate in extracurricular activities your college experience becomes more enjoyable and you are also creating your resume. Living on campus makes college life more enjoyable, and it builds up your resume. Students are probably not too concerned about campus activities if they don’t live close by or on campus.
– There is always assurance of safety, which you may not get if you live in an off-campus housing. Universities have their own campus police patrolling the units.
– When you live on campus, you will also be able to save some money. If you live in an on campus student housing, there is no need for you to drive yourself to class. In the middle of increasing fuel costs, it is a terrific way to save some cash.
– Student housing is as well very near to the university library, campus store, book store, health centers, dining hall and gym, which helps you to avoid traffic and consuming unnecessary gas again.
– If you’re unprepared to jump over to living by yourself once you graduate from high school, student housing is a wonderful way to slowly switch into the actual world. Because you are essentially living on your own, you do not have a lot of responsibilities on your shoulder. Student housing options usually have meal plans, housekeeping services, as well as laundry services, so you will be able to easily transition into this newfound freedom that you have.
Student housing Auburn AL can be the right option for you, if you really want to experience college life to the fullest. Student housing provides the opportunity to take part in many clubs as well as cultural activities and can open up your life to new individuals in addition to new outlook in life.